Thursday, January 25, 2007

Welcome To My Blog

My name is Stewart Landers and today my health is fine. This is no small feat as I have been living with HIV since 1985 and am also a cancer survivor (Burkett's lymphoma, 2003). Do not fear, Landers Health Report will be more than an update on my health. My work has been in the field of public health since 1983 and I am now a senior consultant with John Snow, Inc. based in Boston, Massachusetts. Previously I've worked for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health HIV/AIDS Bureau, the Boston Department of Health and Hospitals (now called the Boston Public Health Commission) and Fenway Community Health.

My background, however, strictly speaking, is not in public health. I was trained as a city planner at MIT in the 1970s and as an attorney at Harvard Law School in the early 80s. My passion throughout my life has been activism on behalf of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trangender and intersex (LGBTI) individuals. I've been lucky enough to be able to combine my work life and my passion and I hope that comes through in my posts. The recently deceased Eric Rofes, a leader in gay activism and health issues, always preached that being part of a movement was a wonderful way to give meaning to one's life. I think he hit it on the head.

Pieces of my work can be found scattered around the internet if one googles my name, so this blog will provide background and context for the work I've done plus a chance to offer commentary on the issues in my field and just about everything else. My partner and I are news junkies and I have lots of opinions on what is going on in this country that may find an outlet here.

Please don't hesitate to send thoughts or comments. I'll certainly read and will try to respond to all serious ones.

7 comments:

murilo moscheta said...

Hello Mr Landers
My name is Murilo Moscheta. I am a PhD student from Brazil and I am doing a one-year fellowship program at UNH. In my dissertation I use social-constructionist ideas to discuss the inclusion of GLBT clients in brazilian public health care system. I am looking for researchers in the area with who I could discuss my work. I heard of you at the glbt health.org website.
My email is murilomoscheta@me.com
thanks

Unknown said...

When it comes to the name Aldactone, you must be aware of the fact that acne and spironolactone are deeply interlinked. Yes, aldactone drug is a trade name of spironolactone. Spironolactone drug is a synthetic lactone drug and is used for the major treatment of heart failure, liver disease, and hypertension and last but not the least acne as a whole. Efeective spironolactone treatment can be given to those who are suffering
from polycystic ovarian syndrome.
http://www.sundrugstore.com/aldactone-c-222_226.html

Unknown said...

If the recommended clarinex dosage is taken then it won’t make you feel drowsy and sleepy. In Clarinex there is an active ingredient named desloratadine. If you wish to know as to what is desloratadine then the answer is, it is a drug which is mainly used in treating the allergic reactions. But there are a few side effects too that are associated with clarinex medication and that are, nausea, fatigue and dry mouth. Many people who use clarinex 5mg complain about such mild side effects. clarinex medicine is also available in the dosage of 2.5mg. It is the doctor who decides as to which dosage tablets are apt for you
http://www.sundrugstore.com/clarinex-c-21_130.html

Unknown said...

Do you suffer from allergies every now and then? If yes, then buy Claritin because this medicine is helpful in treating allergies without causing drowsiness or sleeping. This is an over the counter medication which is an effective antihistamine that blocks the action of allergic reactions successfully. In claritin there is a drug namely loratadine. And that’s why this medication is popularly known as loratadine Claritin. There is one more medication which is as effective as claritin and that is alavert. Both alavert claritin have good effects to treat allergy in patients.
http://www.sundrugstore.com/claritin-c-21_131.html

Unknown said...

order aldactone o

Unknown said...

generic clarinex online

Unknown said...

generic claritin